Excel ER of Odessa provides comprehensive COVID-19 testing and information in Odessa and the surrounding areas. During this unprecedented time, we will remain your trusted healthcare provider and will give you clear and easy direction should you have symptoms of COVID-19, may have had close contact exposure to the virus and want to be tested.
We offer rapid COVID testing however, we are not considered a free designated testing facility. If you’d prefer to visit a testing center please check Texas Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For our insured patients, Excel ER Odessa follows government guidance and insurance companies when it comes to waiving copays and related cost-sharing (ie. deductibles) as it relates to Covid-19 testing and treatment. *Please note that Excel ER is an emergency room and is required by our state license to bill your visit as an emergency room visit.*
If you have COVID symptoms:
- You will be seen by a doctor who will then recommend the direction of testing and care you receive. If insured, your insurance will be billed as above.
- If you're not insured, we offer reasonable self-pay rates. A standard visit is $215 plus testing fee if deemed necessary and includes being seen by our Physician.
If you have no symptoms and need to be tested for work/school/sports or travel:
- You will need to choose the cash price option below as insurance companies are not typically covering the testing fee if you are asymptomatic.
Please note that there is a severe strain nationwide on testing kits . We are doing what we can to keep as many tests as possible available .
- Rapid Antigen Test: $175 cash price or insured see above
- PCR or Molecular testing: $210 cash price or insured see above – This test is considered a more accurate test. It involves a nasal swab and is a “send out” which normally takes 2-4 business days depending on how backed up the lab is. You will be contacted once we have the results.
- Rapid PCR Test $210: Abbott ID Now analyzer. A rapid test with gold standards accuracy.
Schedule a COVID-19 Test Today
It is important to note you may not experience COVID-19 symptoms until 2 to 14 days after exposure.
These are the most common symptoms of coronavirus. Please take them seriously and come in if you feel your situation is emergent or you want to be tested.
- Dry cough
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell/taste
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Bluish hue to lips or face
If you have have been exposed to a person known to have COVID, and you do not have symptoms, we recommend that you self-quarantine at home and seek testing 4-5 days after exposure. It often takes this long for the infection to be detected by routine lab testing. If you have tested negative, you should still self-quarantine for 14 days from the day of suspected exposure as it can take anywhere from 2-14 days to come down with symptoms of this infection.
If you have questions about the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our community and patients, get in touch with us at (903) 500-7321.