Chest Pain Treatments in Odessa, TX
Quick Pain Relief Available 24/7
Chest pain is one of the most common reasons for emergency room visits even surpassing heart attack cases. The causes of chest pain range from minor issues such as stress-related pain to more critical conditions such as; heart attacks or other cardiac complications. While not all instances of chest pain require emergency medical attention, even fleeting chest pain can be an indicator of a forthcoming heart attack or another life-threatening condition. If you are experiencing any severe or unexplainable chest pain that you suspect requires urgent attention, please contact our emergency care professionals of Excel ER Odessa as soon as possible.
Do not hesitate in calling the emergency specialists of Excel ER Odessa at (903) 500-7321 if you are experiencing distressing or severe chest pain today!
When to Seek Immediate Help for Chest Pain
Some symptoms of chest pain necessitate emergency care right away to ensure any potentially life-threatening conditions are addressed and do not develop into more fatal scenarios.
Serious chest pain symptoms that call for emergency assistance include:
- Crushing or squeezing pressure around the chest that persists for longer than a couple of minutes.
- Pain that radiates from the chest to the arms, back, neck, and abdominal area.
- Sweating/cold sweats
- Vomiting and/or nausea
- Dizziness and severe fatigue/weakness
- Difficulties with breathing
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat
Possible Causes of Chest Pain
Much like abdominal pain, there are a wide array of sources that can potentially be causing your chest pain. Whether the intensity level of your pain is minor, intermittent, or severe, consulting with a medical professional is always recommended in case the symptoms you are experiencing are resulting from a serious underlying health concern.
Some common causes of chest pain include:
- Cardiac Conditions & Problems - Some heart-related conditions that may cause chest pain include coronary artery disease (CAD), aortic dissection, pericarditis, and of course, heart attacks.
- Gastrointestinal Issues - Digestive problems and disorders such as heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gallbladder issues, and pancreatitis can also induce chest pain.
- Lung-Related Problems - Complications involving the lungs may result in chest pain symptoms. These lung problems can include asthma, pneumonia, pulmonary embolism, pulmonary hypertension, pleurisy, and a collapsed lung.
- Bone and Muscle Problems - Muscle strains, bruised or broken ribs, costochondritis, and fibromyalgia can all be possible reasons for the pain you are experiencing.
- Other Pain-Inducing Conditions - Medical conditions such as anxiety, panic attacks, and shingles could also cause you to have painful sensations around your chest.
Chest Pain Diagnosis & Treatment at Excel ER Odessa
Our skillful team at Excel ER Odessa is equipped and trained to accurately diagnose and determine the culprit of your chest pain. From on-site imaging testing such as digital x-rays or CT scans on the chest to bloodwork for cardiac enzyme measurements and diagnostic tests including EKGs, coronary angiograms and more, our proficient staff has a variety of diagnostic procedures and tests available to help identify the root cause of pain.
Similarly, our treatment options vary greatly due to a large amount of possible causes for chest pain. Treatments can range from prescription medications, to stress and exercise routine management, to lifestyle changes in the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, and certain foods and beverages.
Conveniently Located within Odessa
Comprehensive Treatments on Your Time
Family Friendly Environment
Little-to-No Wait Time
Excellent Bedside Manner